Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Praise You in This Storm

Its been 11 days since I've been home from Africa. and my heart and emotions have been a mess! Last night, I was able to successfully communicate to some friends about my trip and what God has shown me (without a complete breakdown) and then this morning I'm crying in the car trying to talk to the kids about the tornado devastation in Joplin that they are hearing about on the radio. Gideon said, "but not where we live, right Mommy? Why are you so sad" I told him how good it was that we have our house and everything we need but today there are lot of people hurting because they lost everything, even friends & family they love. I said "Mommy, hurts for them."

A note today off my path to tell you about my trip. My heart breaks for the hurting people in Joplin, Missouri. The devastation is horrible and close to home. I just wanted to share a thought. Giving money, seeing pictures, and hearing the stories & reportbacks are very informative and heart gripping. But I have just learned...being there in person ... giving love, a hug or supplies to someone in desperate need...seeing it for yourself... the reality of what devastation smells and feels like... is a life changing moment. Joplin will need continued - ongoing assistance and willing hands & feet in the many months to come. After aide gets organized and opportunities to physically 'show up' and 'help' start to arrive, please don't forget about these hurting people. I challenge you to get personally involved.

"Don't forget about me." I heard this many times as I was leaving Africa, hugging the people who's lives had touched mine. I said, "I will be back!" and I pray that will be possible. Africa may seem "too far away" for some of us to get too. Joplin is not. I challenge you to seek out a way to be His hands, feet and love to the people of Joplin. There is hope and it is only found through the Lord, if His love is in your heart you can share it with someone who needs it by your actions, not just words. And it will change you!


I was reminded about this amazing song this morning--- Now, when I lay in bed listening to the rain & storms I see the faces of parentless children, sleeping in the dirt on the street with no food to eat. Who I have held, touched and hugged with my owns hands, like this boy...
I have been in the mist of people with hearts devastated by the hurt in this world, but by God's grace some of them have learned there is hope and this world is not our home. I literally prayed standing in the front of such hurt and pain. Lord, come now... and while we wait, bring them hope. There is Hope!





I Praise You in This Storm (Casting Crowns)



I was sure by now
God,
You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining



As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
who gives and takes away



And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are,
who You are No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.



I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment